Weight loss seems to constantly be on our minds. A sudden gain in weight might be an indication of an underlying disease which needs immediate attention. But most of us know where the added pounds are coming from, and we all have tried various ways to rid ourselves of the unwanted pounds. There is no easy way to shed the extra weight that we accrue, and we all know exercise is not the only step towards weight loss. To lose significant weight; we need to incorporate a proper diet as well.
Many of us have signed onto various celebrity diet plans which may work wonders but often fail to achieve the weight loss we desire. We may combine a special breakfast, lunch or dinner pattern if done right, may aid in the weight loss process to a great extent. I have learned through trial and error that there are certain weight loss recipes which can help you lose weight without going hungry.
Combined with exercise, foods rich in fiber and low in carbs boosts the metabolism and helps with your weight loss goals. All you need to do is invest in a couple of minutes to plan out your everyday meals for weight loss. Here are some recipes for to get your day started, or for a quick pick-me-up during the day.
1) Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 1/2 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 1/3 cup egg beaters or 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup peanut flour (you can use any flour you want)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda and baking powder (I always use both)
- One teaspoon honey or coconut palm sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- Optional milk (any type), to thin batter, if necessary