By now you know how beneficial lemons are to a healthy body, and the fresher they are, the more benefits you receive. Most of us purchase our lemons from supermarkets, are they fresh? Probably. But nothing beats a lemon plucked right off the tree. So why not grow your own? It’s not hard, doesn’t take up a lot of space, and best of all you’ll have an endless supply of fresh lemons!
Some of the benefits from lemons:
- Rich in vitamin C that may lessen cold and flu symptoms
- Detoxify the liver and boost its function
- Lower high blood pressure
- Helps with weight loss
- Contain 22 anti-cancer compounds
- Slows down aging by neutralizing free radicals
- Treats brain disorders like Parkinson’s disease
- Alkalize the body and restores the body’s pH balance
- Cleanse the bowels and help the elimination of waste
- Have powerful antibacterial properties
- Strengthen the blood vessels
Lemons can be used for natural beauty and skin care treatments. But the benefit of lemons don’t stop at body. Lemons can be used in various ways around the household to clean without exposing you to toxic cleaners.
Therefore, having an unlimited supply of lemons during the entire year is something we all wish for, so here is how to grow lemons at home, using only a seed.
Here is how to plant the seed:
Place a high-quality soil in a pot with drainage holes, dampen it with some water, and leave about an inch below the rim. Then, slice a lemon to find the best-shaped seed, and get rid of the flesh.