Helps sheds pounds!
Last year, the healthy benefits of drinking lemon water was picking up steam on social media. I’m always good to try something new, but I didn’t know it’d be quite so much. Nearly a year later, I’ve lost five pounds, I haven’t gotten sick, and my skin rarely breaks out. It’s amazing and a little freaky! It took me about two weeks to remember to do it every morning but eventually it became a habit and now I hate to miss it even one day.
At first I was concerned that it would be too acidic on my stomach but from what I’ve learned, lemon is acidic outside of the body, while inside it has an alkalizing effect and keeps the body’s pH leveled. It’s a direct source of Vitamin C as well as a natural diuretic. These are just some of the healthy benefits and now I don’t start my day without a glass, so I’d like to share my experience.
Here’s how if you want to give it a shot!
What You’ll Need:
- A Lemon Press – While you can try squeezing each half with a flat press, but there are easier presses that you can use if you’ve got the money. There’s also some when you use them, you don’t have to pick out the seeds and get captured in the press instead.
- One or Two Lemons – I try to only buy organic lemons in order to avoid ones that have been sprayed with pesticides and then soaked in hot water getting in my body.
- One Serrated Knife.
- One Cutting Board
- A Glass (for drinking)
- Boiled Water (I admit, I’m old fashioned and I like using my teapot)
How To Do It:
- Put your kettle or pan on to boil about 300 ML of water. While you wait to for the water to boil, cut the lemon(s) in half. Remember, if you’re using a regular press, to cut out the seeds first.
- Once each lemon half is squeezed, put the juice in your drinking glass first.