1. Shadow boxing is a great cardio workout like jogging or running where your heart beats and breathing increases.
2. It’s a great way to tone your arms and shoulders and lose weight.
3. Because you rotate your shoulders and waist shadowboxing works on your abs and helps to sculpt them.
4. Shadow boxing is perfect back-strengthening exercise you can follow as it works on the back muscles.
5. You can literally do it anywhere and there’s no equipment needed. It’s a perfect boot camp style cardio that can be performed anywhere.
6. In this exercise your body uses white muscle fibers (type II) for the explosive movements, this is something you miss in other exercises.
7. Shadow boxing is also good for beating stress and aggression.
An Ideal Shadow Boxing Diet
Meat – Consume more white meat as it’s easier for your body to digest and doesn’t make you feel heavy. Examples of white meat are chicken, turkey, and fish. Red meat like beef or pork is an absolute no-no.
Proteins – Besides meat, eggs, tuna, peanut butter, and milk are an excellent source of pure protein. Remember, this is boxing and not weightlifting, so don’t try to be like a bodybuilder and eat one jar of peanut butter a day. It does nothing for you.
Fruits and Vegetables – Everybody needs vitamins, this is a requirement to be a healthy person in general. Eat a wide variety of them. Remember the more colorful the better.