As one of the most diverse and beneficial spices, gingers is both a great culinary addition and protector of your health. Ginger is a soothing spice which, once cooked, oozes important essential oils that contribute to your health. Able to protect the body from numerous health issues, a cup of ginger tea will surely become your new best friend.
Below, let’s discuss the main benefits of ginger, and how you can use it to boost your wellbeing.
9 Ginger Benefits Which Keep Your Health in Check
- Stress reliefDue to its pleasant aroma and comforting taste, ginger is a natural relaxant of the body and mind. Because of this trait, ginger reduces emotional stress and helps the nervous system recover.
- Reduces NauseaIf you have an upset stomach, ginger is here to help. Just one cup of ginger tea can ease your stomach distress, or prevent related symptoms ahead of time.
- Boosts DigestionAlong with nausea, ginger keeps the intestinal and gut health in check as well. Specifically, ginger is favorable for treating both heartburn and bloating.
- Strengthens the Immune SystemAs a result of its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, ginger stimulates the immunity amazingly. Sipping your ginger tea daily will definitely help viruses away, and will make you more resilient to similar issues.
- Acts as a Painkiller As it is anti-inflammatory, ginger can treat pains and aches of all sorts. With that, ginger can treat muscle and joint pain, migraines, cramps,and even colds and the flu. For best soreness treatment, apply ginger tea-dipped cloth on affected areas. This treatment is also useful for reducing painful menstrual cramping.
- Ameliorates the Blood CirculationPacked with lots of vitamins, minerals,and amino-acids, ginger works in favor of your cardiovascular health. Ginger cleanses the blood amazingly and stimulates a more natural blood flow. In return, this prevents possible stroke symptoms and introduces more oxygen to the body cells.
- Treats Breathing IssuesAgain, ginger is an anti-inflammatory food, so it is great for treating respiratory problems as well. Some of the many include asthma, allergies, mucus build-up,and colds.
- Enhances Fertility Ginger has long been used as a natural aphrodisiac in men, as it increases the sexual performance. At the same time, ginger fights fertility issues and introduces a greater stamina, too.
- Prevents CancerAs per many studies, ginger is a very effective way to prevent cancer growth. In some cases, ginger even helped diminish existing cancer cells, thus battling the disease efficiently.
How studies acknowledge the effectiveness of ginger?
As far as ginger is concerned, there have been plenty of useful studies and research done on the topic. A particular study from 2011 explains how ginger is also able to treat liver diseases. The study found that ginger successfully removes excess fats from the liver, and keeps it safe from safe.
In 2012, another study concluded that ginger maintains the perfect kidney health as well. With that, ginger prevents inflammation, cleanses the kidney of free radicals, and disallows renal failure.
How do you take your ginger tea?
Consuming ginger tea daily is crucial if you want to make the most of its benefits. Below is our favorite ginger tea recipe to help you stay healthy at all times.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 piece of ginger
- 1-2 slices of lemon
Mix all ingredients well together and allow the water to boil on high heat. Once boiled, reduce heat to a simmer for about 10 minutes. Let the tea cool off a bit before consuming it and drain the liquid of the ginger and lemon slices.
A cup full of health, indeed!