Think you have tried every avocado recipe thus far? Wait, there is one you certainly missed – a simple and delicious chocolate avocado pudding! If you are into healthy, yet equally delightful recipes, and especially desserts, this recipe is a match made in heaven for you.
Why Make a Chocolate Avocado Pudding?
Avocado falls among the healthiest ingredients today. It contains plenty of essential fats and vitamins which benefit the body and mind. Add a sweet note to it, and this pudding will be the only dessert on your mind.
Benefits of Avocado
Avocado comes with many benefits, as mentioned above. Some of the most important include:
- Avocados offer antiestrogenic qualities, due to its high content in beta-sitosterol.
- Boosts the progesterone and testosterone levels in women and men, respectively, which enhances your reproductive health.
- Offers a range of anti-aging properties, due to its oily and fleshy contents.
- Eliminates free radicals effectively.
- Repairs damaged cells and improves their structure.
- Eradicates free radicals and prevents inflammation.
What Do Studies Suggest?
According to a recent study, carried out by study design author Dr. Christian Cortez-Rojo, ‘avocado oil causes accelerated respiration in mitochondria, which indicates that the use of nutrients for producing energy for cell functions remains effective even in cells attacked by free radicals and that mitochondria can produce little amounts of damaging free radicals.’
Nutritional Value of Avocados
To prove the huge benefits of avocado, here is a list of its main compounds and nutrients:
- Potassium (twice as much as in a banana)
- Vitamin E and all B Vitamins
Avocados are great to consume for their own benefits, but also for their ability to absorb nutrients from other foods, too. That is why they work well with garlic, onions, lemons, cherry tomatoes, and more. Also, avocados attract more fat-soluble nutrients, like lutein, and alpha and beta-carotene. Along with the aforementioned benefits, avocados also offer lots of amino acids and lecithin. These compounds are in charge of keeping the brain performance optimal while controlling the weight at the same time.
How to Make Chocolate Avocado Pudding?
Finally, the recipe you’ve been waiting for. Here is what you’ll need:
- 3 large avocados, ripe and softened
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 3-6 tbsps. coconut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsps. raw honey
Preparation ( 2 servings )
Mix all ingredients together in a blender. Blend until the content evens out and becomes smooth (typically a minute). Transfer into a well-sealed lid and refrigerate for half-an-hour.